Together we are a great team
We believe that every member of staff are part of the caring team, no matter what your role maybe and our aim is to utilise your skills in the provision of high quality care. If you are interested in joining us, why not contact us and find out more.
We at Willowbrook House value our staff, whether professional nursing staff or support staff and believe in the recognition and development of both individual and team skills, providing training, resources and on-going support. We aim to provide the best quality care to the highest standard possible and to this end we are looking to recruit high calibre, highly motivated and dedicated staff at all levels over the next 6 to 12 months.
- Qualified Nursing Staff: Are you either an RGN or RMN with either elderly Care or EMI experience, ideally in the independent sector.
- Care Assistants: Do you have experience in either elderly care or EMI. We are looking to recruit Care Assistants with experience in the above that are able to work as part of a highly motivated team and provide quality care in a friendly, caring atmosphere. Ideally you will have NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care, but if we consider you suitable to join our team we will provide opportunity for development to NVQ Level 2.
- Support Staff: As part of the overall caring team within the home we are also looking to recruit Domestic and laundry staff.
Overseas Nursing Program: The programme has been designed in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) requirements and to meet the needs of Overseas Nurses who wish to gain registration with NMC. The course provides through a combination of study days and clinical practice for the compulsory 20 day period of protected learning required by those nurses trained outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
The aim of the programme is to work in collaboration with Cardiff University, School of Nursing and Midwifery, to prepare individuals who have trained as nurses or midwives outside the UK or EEA for registration in United Kingdom with the NMC.
It is our goal to ensure that the student will develop the appropriate competencies to enable them to work safely and effectively within the UK health system.
The study time will be divided between Cardiff University School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies and the remainder in Willowbrook House Nursing Home (the practice setting). (All 20 days can be provided if necessary within Cardiff University). The length of clinical placement will have been previously determined by the NMC.
The course will run in Cardiff University at the Heath Park Campus which is based at the University Hospital of Wales. Clinical Placements will be within Willowbrook House Nursing Home.
This is essential information for candidates for the Overseas Nursing Programme within the Cardiff School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies.
Registration with the University to undertake this programme requires that the applicants must provide the following information:
- Hold a first level nursing registration from a country outside the EU.
- The original NMC decision letter to enter and practice in the UK.
- A work permit plus leave to remain or a Supervised Practice Nurses visa or other appropriate immigration status.
- A letter to confirm employment, funding and support, in an approved Welsh Educational Audited Clinical Area or establishment.
- Proof of a Criminal Records Bureau and Health Screening.
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with an overall score of 7.0 with not less than 7.0 in listening and reading and not less than 7.0 in writing and speaking. We will accept the current NMC decision letter.
- Three passport sized photographs.